Korean BBQ Meat
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds short ribs or chuck roast
- 1 Bartlett Pear peeled, and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar Dressing
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce, or regular soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
Whisk together all the above ingredients. Place trimmed meat into slow cooker and pour the blended ingredients over meat.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours, until meat is tender, and easily pulls apart.
Cucumber Cilantro Lime Salsa
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper diced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp minced jalapeño, if desired
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar dressing
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp fresh minced ginger
In a medium sized bowl, toss together, cucumbers, peppers, scallions, and cilantro.
In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, lime juice, sugar and ginger together.
Pour over cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups
To assemble Tacos:
Warm tortillas on on griddle, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
Place desired amount of meat on heated tortilla.
Top with lettuce and Salsa. Drizzle with additional Ginger Soy Sauce if desired.